Financial Planning Standards Board Announces 2020 Priorities
DENVER, CO – 05 MARCH 2020 – Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. (FPSB Ltd.), owner of the international CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER certification program outside the United States, today announced its 2020 strategic priorities for the FPSB network of affiliate organizations (collectively, the FPSB Network), global financial planning profession and CFP certification program.
Aligned to its LASER – Leadership, Awareness, Standards, Engagement and Recognition – strategic plan that guides FPSB Ltd.’s vision of establishing financial planning as a global profession, with the CFP marks its symbol of excellence, FPSB Ltd.’s 2020 priorities include:
1. Grow CFP Certification in India: Leveraging last year’s decision to directly offer CFP certification in India, FPSB Ltd. will grow the existing program and introduce new education content, exams and pathway qualifications in India, starting April 2020.
2. Broaden Global Footprint: FPSB Ltd. will engage individuals and entities seeking to introduce CFP certification and establish financial planning as a profession in their local territories to support FPSB Ltd.’s goal of 250,000 CFP professionals in 40 territories by 2025.
3. Increase Global Awareness: FPSB Ltd., through its network of affiliate organizations in 27 countries and territories around the world, will implement an integrated global communications strategy to raise stakeholder awareness of the value and the benefits of financial planning, CFP certification and the global financial planning profession.
4. Future Proof the Profession: FPSB Ltd. will continue evaluating and updating its financial planning process, financial planning practice standards and financial planner competency profile (including conducting a global practice analysis) to strengthen professional competency and practice standards so that CFP professionals can thrive amidst technological innovations and evolving client expectations.
5. Increase Connectivity and Collaboration: FPSB Ltd. will deepen connectivity within the FPSB Network to foster agile decision-making and responsiveness to changing client and other stakeholder needs. Also, FPSB Ltd. will work to connect CFP professionals to each other and to the global professional community for the benefit of the public.
6. Increase Compliance with Standards: FPSB Ltd. will work with FPSB Affiliates to enhance compliance with FPSB Ltd.’s standards and expectations for the global financial planning profession.
“FPSB Ltd. has charted an ambitious course to establish financial planning as a global profession, with the CFP marks its symbol of excellence,” said Noel Maye, FPSB Ltd. CEO. “Having a broad and growing FPSB Network and global community of CFP professionals committed to upholding FPSB Ltd.’s standards for competent, ethical and professional advice will support FPSB Ltd.’s mission to benefit the public, and help promote increased public confidence and trust in financial services globally.”
About FPSB Ltd.
FPSB Ltd. manages, develops and operates certification, education and related programs to benefit the global community by establishing, upholding and promoting worldwide professional standards in financial planning. FPSB Ltd. demonstrates its commitment to excellence with the marks of professional distinction – CFP, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER and CFP Logo Mark – which it owns outside the United States. FPSB Ltd. and the FPSB global network administer CFP and other certification programs in the following 27 territories: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chinese Taipei, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, People’s Republic of China, Peru, Republic of Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States. At the end of 2019, there were 188,104 CFP professionals worldwide. For more, visit fpsb.org.
# # #
CFP Certification Global excellence in financial planningTM