Financial Planning Standards Board Launches Advisory Council to Steer Growth and Value of CFP Certification in India
NEW YORK — 22 FEBRUARY 2021 — Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. (FPSB), owner of the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM certification program in India, has launched the CFP Professional Advisory Council to foster financial planning professionalism in the public interest, provide input and thought leadership on FPSB’s mission and priorities, and grow the number of CFP professionals in India.
The following seven founding members of the Council, each of whom are leaders in the profession, reflect the geographic, gender and practice diversity within the Indian CFP professional community:
- Arun Thukral, CFP, Council Chair, (Mumbai) a startup investor/advisor and BFSI consultant, formerly the managing director and CEO of Axis Securities Limited, and member of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) National Committee on Financial Markets.
- B. Srinivasan, CFP, (Bengaluru) an entrepreneur, director of Shree Sidvin Group and founder president of the nonprofit Council of Financial Planners (COFP).
- D.V. Suresh, CFP, (Hyderabad) founder of DVS Associates Pvt. Ltd., a financial planning practice advocating sound financial health for all.
- Kavita Devi, CFP, (Nashik) a CTEP Inheritance Planner and Registered Life Planner, dedicated to helping people in the journey to financial freedom.
- Naresh Pachisia, CFP, (Kolkata) founder and managing director of SKP Securities Ltd., Eastern India’s leading boutique investment banker.
- Renu Maheshwari, CFP, (Chennai) co-founder of Finscholarz, providing fee-only financial planning and portfolio management services, and the first individual SEBI Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) in Tamil Nadu.
- Col. Sanjeev Govila (Retd), CFP, (Delhi) an individual SEBI RIA, founder and CEO of Hum Fauji Initiatives, a company dedicated solely to armed forces officers and their close family members.
“The founding members of the CFP Professional Advisory Council offer a wealth of knowledge and experience that will support our efforts to build a vibrant and thriving CFP professional community in India,” said Rajesh Krishnamoorthy, Country Head, FPSB India Liaison Office. “I look forward to leveraging the diverse background and insight of this group to expand CFP certification and increase access to competent and ethical financial planning advice in India.”
Currently comprised of seven leaders in the financial planning profession, the India CFP Professional Advisory Council is designed to consist of up to 12 members. FPSB will continue to shape the council to advance financial planning and support CFP professionals in India.
“I am honored to work with FPSB and this talented group of professionals to promote the value of financial planning and of working with a CFP professional in India,” said Arun Thukral, CFP Professional Advisory Council Chair. “We look forward to supporting efforts to grow the number of CFP professionals and advise on the implementation of FPSB standards, certifications and policies for professional advice in India.”
FPSB manages, develops and operates certification, education and related programs to benefit the global community by establishing, upholding and promoting worldwide professional standards in financial planning. FPSB demonstrates its commitment to excellence with the marks of professional distinction – CFP, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER and CFP Logo Mark – which it owns outside the United States, including in India. FPSB and the FPSB global network administer CFP and other certification programs in the following 27 territories: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chinese Taipei, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, People’s Republic of China, Peru, Republic of Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States. At the end of 2019, there were 188,104 CFP professionals worldwide, 1,915 of which were in India. For more, visit fpsb.org or india.fpsb.org.