Financial Planning Standards Board Launches Final Education Course Leading to CFP Certification in India
Experienced CFP professionals to serve as mentors for course takers as part of FPSB Ltd.’s innovative contribution to financial skills development in India
India, Maharashtra, MUMBAI – 05 July 2021 – Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. (FPSB Ltd.), the organization that leads the global financial planning profession and owns the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER certification program in India, announced today the launch of its FPSB® Integrated Financial Planning Course. This comprehensive financial planning course, which integrates global and local content and includes financial plan assessment and mentorship components, has been designed to enhance and assess the knowledge, skills and abilities of candidates for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM certification in India. Candidates who successfully complete the course, pass the CFP exam and meet additional initial certification requirements will be eligible to join the growing community of more than 2,000 CFP professionals in India and more than 192,000 CFP professionals worldwide.
The FPSB® Integrated Financial Planning Course will be delivered through FPSB Ltd.’s online learning platform and consists of the following three interactive modules:
- “Financial Planning Principles, Process & Skills”: Covers the financial planning process and fundamental practices; the benefits and impacts of financial planning; how to apply financial planning principles during client engagements; and the value of professional standards of practice and professional skills.
- “Engaging Clients in the Financial Planning Process”: Focuses on human qualities of the planner-client relationship, and how clients’ values, attitudes and experiences impact the financial planning engagement.
- “Developing Effective Financial Plans”: Provides an overview of the areas to be addressed in developing a financial plan, including how to identify missing information.
To complete the course, candidates for CFP certification are required to develop and be assessed on a financial plan based on a case study issued by FPSB Ltd. Digital textbooks for each module, sample financial plans and supporting materials on creating a financial plan are provided in the course materials and further supplemented in the case study.
The FPSB® Integrated Financial Planning Course can be taken through one of FPSB Ltd.’s Authorized Education Providers in India or by self-study. For more information on CFP certification in India and how to register for the FPSB® Integrated Financial Planning Course, go here.
As part of the course, FPSB Ltd. is pleased to bring together experienced CFPCM practitioners and candidates by introducing an innovative mentorship program. Mentors who have stepped forward to share practical insights, knowledge and experience on the preparation of a financial plan with candidates working towards CFP certification in India are:
- Arun Thukral, CFP, (Mumbai) a startup investor/advisor and BFSI consultant, formerly the managing director and CEO of Axis Securities Limited.
- B. Srinivasan, CFP, (Bengaluru) an entrepreneur, director of Shree Sidvin Group and founder president of the nonprofit Council of Financial Planners (COFP).
- D.V. Suresh, CFP, (Hyderabad) founder of DVS Associates Pvt. Ltd., a financial planning practice advocating sound financial health for all.
- Kavita Devi, CFP, (Nashik) a CTEP Inheritance Planner and Registered Life Planner.
- Naresh Pachisia, CFP, (Kolkata) founder and managing director of SKP Securities Ltd., Eastern India’s leading boutique investment banker.
- Renu Maheshwari, CFP, (Chennai) co-founder of Finscholarz, providing fee-only financial planning and portfolio management services, and the first individual SEBI Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) in Tamil Nadu.
- Col. Sanjeev Govila (Retd), CFP, (Delhi) an individual SEBI RIA, founder and CEO of Hum Fauji Initiatives, a company dedicated to armed forces officers and their families.
“As interest in CFPCM certification continues to grow around the world, FPSB Ltd. is committed to supporting candidates on their journey to becoming CFP professionals in India,” says Noel Maye, FPSB Ltd. CEO. “CFP certification is the global symbol of excellence in financial planning, and I’m pleased the education course offerings leading to CFPCM certification in India are now complete with the addition of the FPSB® Integrated Financial Planning Course. Mentorship is a beautiful approach to foster synergies between candidates and practitioners, and I’m excited to see this program develop.”
About FPSB Ltd.
FPSB manages, develops and operates certification, education and related programs to benefit the global community by establishing, upholding and promoting worldwide professional standards in financial planning. FPSB demonstrates its commitment to excellence with the marks of professional distinction – CFP, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER and CFP Logo Mark – which it owns outside the United States. FPSB and the FPSB global network administer CFP and other certification programs in the following 27 territories: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chinese Taipei, Columbia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, People’s Republic of China, Peru, Republic of Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States. At the end of 2020, there were 192,762 CFP professionals worldwide. For more, visit fpsb.org.
# # #
CFP Certification Global excellence in financial planning™