Financial Planning Standards Board Seeks Candidates for 2023 Board of Directors
DENVER, CO – 28 MARCH 2022 – Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. (FPSB), the standards-setting body for the global financial planning profession and owner of the international CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER certification program outside the United States, is seeking nominations for two open three-year positions on FPSB’s Board of Directors, beginning 1 April 2023. Nominations should be submitted to the FPSB Nominating Committee Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time on Friday, 6 May 2022.
FPSB seeks nominees that will complement the talents of its continuing Board members and who can meaningfully contribute to FPSB’s strategic vision and future business development. Nominees should be able to provide tangible value in one or more of the following areas:
- Diversity. FPSB values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive Board of Directors that represents a variety of perspectives. Of particular interest for this year’s nominees are individuals that could bring a perspective from:
- The next generation of professionals / consumers
- The Asian region
- Experience to help FPSB enhance / improve its existing programs. As FPSB and its affiliated organizations future-proof the financial planning profession, FPSB welcomes nominees who have strategic experience with:
- Standards setting for allied professions (such as accounting)
- Global certification / education programs (can be outside the financial sector)
- Evolution of businesses to accommodate digital transformation / digital finance platforms and programs
- Experience to help FPSB build new businesses / enter new territories. As FPSB grows the global financial planning profession, it welcomes nominees who can provide:
- Perspectives from markets where financial planning is not yet established
- Insight into launching, adapting existing business models, in new territories
- Public interest / consumer-oriented perspective. As a nonprofit association with a public-interest mission to benefit the global community by establishing, upholding and promoting worldwide standards in financial planning, FPSB welcomes nominees with this perspective.
“FPSB is seeking individuals for its governing body who have solid leadership and strategy development experience with international certification and education; standards-setting for allied professions; digital transformation; and launching or adapting programs in new territories,” said FPSB Board Chairperson, Garry Muriwai. “FPSB’s new board members will join a geographically diverse, talented group of individuals focused on establishing financial planning as a globally-recognized profession, with CFP certification its symbol of excellence.”
FPSB’s Board of Directors is responsible for guiding the organization’s administration of its public interest mission and vision; developing governing policies that address the broadest levels of all organizational decisions and situations; identifying needs and advocating on behalf of FPSB’s stakeholders; and overseeing organizational performance and providing strategic guidance to FPSB’s CEO. As the preeminent standards-setting organization for financial planning worldwide, FPSB and its network of organizations span across 27 territories, which together represent more than 203,000 CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professionals worldwide.
Nominees for FPSB’s 2023 Board of Directors must be able to participate in English-language meetings and cannot be a staff member, director or office holder with an affiliated organization. FPSB strongly prefers that CFP professional nominees have senior-level volunteer experience with FPSB or an FPSB Affiliate and the endorsement of their affiliate organization. FPSB expects to finalize its selection for the FPSB Board in October 2022. Selected candidates will join other volunteer Board members from Australia, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, the Netherlands and the United States. For more information on FPSB Board member duties and responsibilities, view the FPSB Board Member Role Description.
FPSB manages, develops and operates certification, education and related programs to benefit the global community by establishing, upholding and promoting worldwide professional standards in financial planning. FPSB demonstrates its commitment to excellence with the marks of professional distinction – CFP, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER and CFP Logo Mark – which it owns outside the United States. FPSB and the FPSB global network administer CFP certification and other programs in the following 27 territories: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chinese Taipei, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, People’s Republic of China, Peru, Republic of Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States. At the end of 2021, there were 203,312 CFP professionals worldwide. For more, visit fpsb.org.
# # #
CFP Certification Global excellence in financial planning™