Global Financial Planning Community Gathered in Zürich to Shape Future of Profession
DENVER, CO – 30 OCTOBER 2019 – At its annual meeting in Zürich, Switzerland, last week, Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. (FPSB) and the volunteer and executive leaders of FPSB Affiliates representing over 181,000 CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professionals in 26 territories, engaged in long-term strategic planning for the global financial planning profession, and identified priorities for the FPSB Network and CFP certification standards over the next several years.
The FPSB Board and Network affirmed the organization’s vision to establish financial planning as a global profession, with the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER certification marks its symbol of excellence; discussed how FPSB’s standards and certification requirements should evolve to embrace a fintech-enabled future; and agreed to increase levels of alignment, collaboration and agility within the FPSB Network to promote the value and impact of CFP certification and a global financial planning profession to benefit the public.
“FPSB is committed to benefiting the global community by establishing, upholding and promoting standards and certification requirements for the global financial planning profession,” said FPSB CEO Noel Maye. “At our annual meeting in Zürich, the FPSB Network made great headway in aligning to fulfill our vision of a world in which consumers can readily identify competent and ethical financial planners who place clients’ interests first, empowering more people around the world to plan well, to live well.”
Other highlights from the multi-day event in Zürich included:
- A presentation by BETTER FINANCE, the European Federation of Investors and Financial Services Users, on how the global financial planning community can help to restore trust for consumers accessing financial advice and services.
- A presentation by The Wealth Mosaic on how the FPSB Network can ensure the continued relevance and value proposition of client-first, comprehensive financial planning in the face of fintech evolutions.
- Anniversary celebrations for FPSB Affiliates offering CFP certification, among them: Thai Financial Planners Association (10 years); Federatie Financieel Planners (10 years); FPSB China (15 years); and the Swiss Financial Planners Organization, the host of FPSB’s meeting, celebrating 20 years of offering CFP certification.
- A look ahead at World Financial Planning Day (#WFPD) 2020, the fourth installment of FPSB’s global consumer awareness campaign and an opportunity for the FPSB Network to drive further awareness among the public of the value of financial planning, of having a financial plan and of working with a competent and ethical financial planner who puts clients’ interests first.
- An update on FPSB’s new model for delivering CFP certification globally, launched earlier this year in Peru, which represents an opportunity for new markets looking for career path programs leading to CFP certification.
- The launch of an integrated global communications strategy, which will support FPSB’s goal to increase global awareness of financial planning, CFP certification and the financial planning profession.
In 2020, the FPSB Network will come together again as a global community in October in Seoul, Republic of Korea, to be hosted by FPSB Korea.
FPSB manages, develops and operates certification, education and related programs to benefit the global community by establishing, upholding and promoting worldwide professional standards in financial planning. FPSB demonstrates its commitment to excellence with the marks of professional distinction – CFP, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER and CFP Logo Mark – which it owns outside the United States. FPSB Ltd. and the FPSB global network administer CFP and other certification programs in the following 27 territories: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chinese Taipei, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, People’s Republic of China, Peru, Republic of Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States. At the end of 2018, there were 181,360 CFP professionals worldwide. For more, visit fpsb.org.
CFP Certification Global excellence in financial planningTM